No more visa runs necessary!
How do I obtain an Educational Visa and how much does it cost?
1. You enroll in a 180 hour Thai or English language course.
2. We prepare and provide you with the necessary documents from the Ministry of Education for your visa application.
3. You need to travel (once only) to a neighboring country such as Laos, Cambodia or Malaysia and submit these documents for processing at the Thai consulate or embassy. Once processed, you will receive an ED Visa that is stamped only for the first 90 days.
4. As per Immigration policy in Thailand, some nationalities are required to return to their home countries to submit the ED Visa application.
5. Upon your return to Thailand, you need to present your ED Visa to Easy ABC. You can then start attending your classes, 4 hours per week for the duration of your visa, as required for an ED Visa.
Before expiration of the first 90 days, our school will prepare documents for you to take to the local Immigration Office for a further visa extension of 90 days.
You may take advantage of this course for up to 5 years, at which time you need to apply for a second (different) language course to continue as a student for another 5 years. Altogether, you are eligible for up to a 10 year stay, as a student in Thailand.
A 180 hour Thai or English language course costs 25,900 Baht.
Costs for an ED-Visa may vary with different embassies. Please contact us for current ED-Visa rates. Each 90 day visa extension fee, processed at the Immigration Department is 1,900 Baht.
Qualifications and requirements:
Every person between the ages of 12-99 is eligible for an ED-Visa and it is granted to every individual who complies with the requirements of attending classes. As keeper of such a visa, you are obliged to take part in the language course. Your attendance is monitored and controlled by both the Immigration Department and the Education Department. 180 hours of class time are distributed throughout the entire year. Students learn 4 hours per week (2 days, 2 hours).
You can apply for an ED Visa in your own country:
If you are still residing in your home country you can also apply for an Educational Visa prior to your departure. We provide you with all the necessary information, either by email or phone. You can easily transfer the school fees to our account in Thailand and at which time we will send you all the required documents (per express mail/fixed charge 1,000 Baht) needed for submission at the Thai consulate or embassy in your home country. This eliminates the need to go to a third country from Thailand to process your visa application. This also allows you to start attending class immediately after your arrival in Thailand.
In which language are courses held?
Our school has experienced Thai and English native speaking teachers. Our Thai teachers have the ability to converse in English and can clarify language points in that language, should your mother tongue be English.Germans wishing to learn Thai can be provided with a German speaking Thai teacher at an additional monthly cost of 1,000 baht.